2008/12/27

Extra edition No.3 Okavango Delta



I had planned to spend New Year Vacation in Okavango Delta.
But, I had to abandon it because, unfortunately, I am unable get the lodge booked in time.



Okavango is a vast delta in Botswana.
In Angola Plateau, the rain which continued during rainy season is gathering into Okavango River. It takes five or six months to run and reach this delta in Botswana, and flood it with water just like a giant hand during the height of the dry season.
And, at the end, it sanks into the Kalahari Desert and disappears, without pouring into the sea.
It is the last paradise for wildlife called “A Jewel of Kalahari”.
I have been there on August, 1998 with my family. The lodge was “Nxamaseri Lodge”, as if is floating in the serpentine river.
Of course, it was very nice. It was another world.
にほんブログ村 旅行ブログ アフリカ旅行へ
にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記へ

No comments: